Estate planning attorneys have the major responsibility of providing assistance to their clients for developing a full-proof estate plan for themselves. They create a document for a trust, for a will, for medical directives and a durable power of attorney. If a client already has an estate plan ready with themselves, they will help them to make revisions and modifications to the planning document.
Besides providing legal expertise in the areas like trusts and estates, the attorney must also be having suitable knowledge in other related fields as well. They must know the laws pertaining to the business entities and organizations, real property, family property and other types, insurance and investment and even taxation.
When the attorney is creating an estate plan, there are less chances for the clients to know everything involved in getting it alright. During the process of planning the estates, the attorneys might be asking you to do one or multiple of the following tasks to get the right outcomes. Your cooperation in the process will ensure the best results.
- Organize meetings and conduct them with the clients when it is needed. This might also involve the accountants, insurance agents, investment advisors of the clients and others.
- Examine and analyze the property records belonging to the client and titling all their assets. These will be included in the estate planning.
- Raise issues and pitfalls associated with the wishes and desires of the client. Advise them on the ideal distribution protocol and suggest them meaningful alternatives to help them achieve their goals.
- Help and advise the clients on choosing the appropriate agents who have durable powers of attorney, trustees, executors, healthcare directives or guardian of the individual if there are minor children involved.
- Raise the issues and advise the clients on making their end-of-life choices accurately, the financial and medical directive choices, disposition of remains, donation of organs and others.
- Try to create and terminate business entities occasionally.
- Raise the related issues and advise the client about the distribution of some or all of their assets to meet their philanthropic goals and inclinations.
- Draft the estate planning documents that align well to the needs and wishes of the client.
All these tasks and many more are well taken care of by an experienced estate lawyer. If you are looking for one then Litvack Dessureault avocat succession is there to sort out all your issues and make your estate planning an easier process.