When you are dealing with your toenail fungus, you must have experienced discomfort and pain or must have been embarrassed to reveal your toe to another person. When you think about finding a remedy to fix the problem, you may feel hopeless about it. You need to know that you are not alone. A lot of people do face problems with toenail fungus.
The good news is that there are treatments at the podiatrist clinic like laser treatment for toenail fungus. Laser toenail therapy is a noninvasive way to get rid of the fungal infection in your toe. Here is everything you should know about toenail fungus and the toenail fungal laser treatment to get rid of it.
If you have doubts or questions about anything related to Laser toenail Fungus Removal or anything related to your toe, you can always have a word with Dr. Sima Soltani she is a podiatrist in Irvine. Qualified professionally in this field and has her own clinic at 4330 Barranca Pkwy, Suite 101, Irvine, CA.
What is the reason to cause toenail fungus?
Getting exposed to a contaminated environment can be effective on the toenail and cause a fungal infection. When you walk barefoot in a public pool or use public showers or even share bath mat shoes, or socks can be possible to come in contact with the fungus and get infected.
Here is the list of common symptoms that you may have toenail fungus:
If you catch the early symptoms of the problem, you have an option of avoiding laser toenail fungus removal recommended by a professional podiatrist. The warning signs for toenail fungus include the following:
- White or darkening or yellow discoloration of the nail that is affected.
- Nail getting thick.
- Crumbling in the tip or edge of the nail, especially where there is a sign of discoloration.
- Swelling, redness, pain, and discomfort in areas close to the nail especially when you wear a shoe.
- Bad odor coming right from the nail.
- Nail getting separated from the nail bed.
Ways to prevent toenail fungus before it gets bad:
The best thing you can follow to keep toenail fungus far away is to maintain hygiene by washing your feet and keeping them clean and dry. Here is a list of other ways to protect your toenail from fungal infection:
- Wash your feet well with soap water.
- Use washed socks and clean shoes daily.
- Keep your bath mat clean.
- Wear shoes in public showers and pools.
- Use socks that are made of synthetic fibers so that they can wick away moisture.
- Clip the toenail straight to keep it away from growing more than the tip of your toe.
The right way to treat a toenail with fungal infection:
There are a number of ways to treat your fungal toenail, but it depends on how bad the infection has grown to be. You can always use home remedies or oral or topical medication to get the infection down if it is just the beginning. Or if the case is really bad, you can get a toenail fungus laser treatment done.
Simple home remedies for toenail fungus:
- Medication with topical products and over-the-counter products with agents of antifungal calp be helpful to alleviate the toenail fungus.
- You can follow the short and easy treatment of oral antifungal recommended by the podiatrist.
- Get your feet examined by a physician and meticulously follow the recommended treatment.
Get a laser nail therapy:
This is another safe and painless procedure to treat the problem. It can alleviate the pain present close to the nail bed and stops the fungal infection from spreading around. It is a no contact treatment and promotes the growth of the toenail to be healthy and gets the nail back to its original look.
Toenail fungal laser treatment has made the removal of toenails easier than it used to be. The procedure is very easy and painless. A lot of people have got good results with just one appointment. You can talk to your podiatrist about the entire expectations and clear out your doubts. The pain relief is immediate, but the nail can take at least 6 – 12 months to grow.
In the process, the laser beam penetrates the toenail. It then treats the nail bed that was affected with any sort of pain. The simple section for this therapy lasts for 30 minutes and has no time for recovery. You can continue your daily routine soon after the procedure is done.
Get in touch with the podiatrist to get the right treatment for this condition.