Are you in the manufacturing industry and regularly work with assembly, fabrication, and equipment maintenance? You need to have contacts with reliable hydraulic press manufacturer. Fortunately, over 500 hydraulic press manufacturers and suppliers are in the USA. You merely need to understand your requirements and choose the right supplier.
However, you might wonder why you need hydraulic presses and the types available, isn’t it? This article will enlighten you.
Hydraulic Presses And Their Types
Hydraulic presses are high-powered mechanical machines that are used for compressing metals. Essentially, they have a flatbed to compress, crush, or straighten a metal piece. Invented in 1795 by Joseph Bramah, there are several types of hydraulic presses, and they are useful for industrial purposes.
Following are the types of hydraulic presses:
Arbor Presses and C-Frame Presses
Arbor presses and C-frame presses are small and mobile. The C-Frame Presses are more portable and are used to hold parts, remove components, or perform routine mounting tasks. They are used for assembly and installation processes.
On the other hand, arbor presses are used for handling higher tonnage and intense pressing applications. They are used for piercing holes, marking inscriptions, and stamping.
H-Frame presses are large units, and they form an h-shape. They are used to repair and maintain facilities and are perfect for assembly lines. Additionally, they perform more than one function. You can use them to pass materials from front to back or right to left. They operate on the higher tonnage and are the most durable.
Laminating presses enable you to laminate and create multi-layer boards. These presses have precise pressure and heat controls to give you the best results. They are used for crushing and condensing materials and are perfect for sports, manufacturing, construction, furniture, and laboratory industries.
Laminating presses are also available in small desktop versions, enabling you to laminate identity cards, book covers, and certificates. So, depending on your use, laminating presses are available in large and small sizes.
Why Do You Need Hydraulic Presses
Hydraulic presses are used in several industries to press materials. You need to ensure you use it safely to get the best results. Following are some of the major benefits of using Hydraulic presses:
- It helps you reduce the material’s weight
- You can convert materials into the shape you want
- Hydraulic presses have high-capacity tonnage
- You can control the temperature and pressure in such machines
- It helps you reduce production costs
- Hydraulic presses are durable and long-lasting
- They occupy less floor space
- Hydraulic presses give consistent pressure
- They help work faster
- You don’t need the experience to operate a machine; you merely need to read the manual and start operating it.
- It is easy to maintain a hydraulic press as it has minimal moving parts
- You can customize your hydraulic presses as per your requirements, including pressure controls, traversing work heads, dual palm buttons, nose pieces, and more
- You’ll have lifting and pressing ability with hydraulic presses
- They offer you a smooth and even pressure across the metal
With over 500 hydraulic press manufacturers in the USA, facilities will find it easy to find the right type of press to manufacture their goods. The presses will provide pressure control, lifting and pressing ability, smooth pressing, and consistent pressure tonnage.
Additionally, before purchasing a hydraulic press, check the tonnage, type selection, accessories, durability, and quality to get the best results.