When it comes to moving your car to a new location, it is always going to be stressful and worrisome. However, if you got a vintage car then this will definitely put you in a nerve-wracking situation. Fortunately, you do have a simple way to deal with this situation and that is to use the option of shipping your car. This is said to be one safest way to move your classic cars from point A to point B.
As per our records, there are very less incidents that have taken place where an auto-transport company has caused damage to the cars while shipping. However, it is up to you to choose the right shipping company for you. Ship a Car, Inc. is one of the best shipping companies with around 35 years of experience in this industry. When it comes to ship a classic car, they will first educate you through the entire process so that you can make the right decision.
Here are some tips to prepare for a safe shipping service:
- As we mentioned earlier, don’t trust any random companies. Vintage or classic cars do require some special handling and it is important that you choose companies, which are experts in this. Find a company that has professionals of top quality. You can check for their reviews online to get a good positive response.
- There are very few chances for your vehicle to get damaged during transportation. Thus, it is important that your vintage car should be insured during transportation. Ask for paper copy from your transportation company, to check what is covered and what is not. This will make you feel a little confident about the company shipping your car.
- When it comes to choosing your transportation options, the common way to transport is the open carrier. This is the cheapest option, where the open truck carries multiple cars together. However, the problem here is that your cars will be more prone to the outside environment, road conditions, and debris. Thus, your vintage cars will need a carrier-like enclosed truck, which will protect your car entirely from any possible damages. Though it is an expensive option, for a car like these vintage and classic cars, we are sure this option will never put you at loss.
- Once you are aware of your shipping date, the next thing you need to do is give your car a thorough wash. During this time, you can also check for dents, discoloration, or scratches present on your car. You can take pictures of these things and then re-check when you go to pick up your car after the transportation.
- Make sure that you remove all the valuable items from your car such as your belongings, alarm systems, parking passes, toll devices, etc. In this way, you will not only protect your valuables but also prevent any damage that might be caused to your interiors during this traveling.
- Make sure that your mechanic will perform a maintenance check to ensure that the tyres are inflated, check if there are any mechanical or electrical issues. Also, make a check for any loose parts, which can cause damage during travel.
Make sure that you get a door-to-door pick and a drop facility.